This information will familiarize you using the definition, pros and cons for Information Communication Technology (ICT). It’s important that you should read carefully to know the fundamentals of knowledge Communication Technology (ICT).
Information Communication Technology (ICT), or It (IT) as abbreviated, means using computers and telecommunications technology and devices to create, manipulate, store, transmit and safely retrieve information.
Fundamental essentials tools or gadgets that are utilized to locate, explore and exchange information. They range from the following devices:-
• Computers – Desktops, Laptops, Palmtops, PDAs, Mainframes
• Cell Phones (GSM)
• Fax machines and copiers
• Tv sets
Benefits of ICT
Following are the benefits of Information Communication Technology (ICT):
1. It offers timely, better and cheaper use of understanding and knowledge.
2. It increases transactions, productions and management processes.
3. ICT makes feasible for people worldwide, to gain access to internet, inside a exciting and new way.
4. With ICT tools, business dealings and transactions have moved closer.
5. It possesses a very reliable, flexible, fast and accurate way of disseminating information in modern occasions.
6. It offers employment possibilities and opens new job fields for individuals all over the world.
7. It’s also among the best mediums for supplying instructions in schools.
Disadvantages of ICT
Despite its numerous benefits, ICT has couple of limitations, most of which include:-
1. Job loss: ICT application in offices may cut lower couple of jobs as manual jobs and jobs are being automated.
2. Pricey: ICT components and tools could be costly and unaffordable to public.
3. Lack of Social Bond: Implementation of ICT in each and every sphere of existence is restricting personal romantic relationships and physical contacts as increasing numbers of work and interactions are based online.
4. Crime: ICT can lead to rise in crime ratings. Individuals are being defrauded online. Cyber crimes like identity-thievery, charge card scams, systems hacking, and piracy are rising. Internet is flooded with cyber crooks like online hackers, perverts, and stalkers.
5. Abuse: This really is another drawback to ICT. A few examples include pornography (especially child pornography), plagiarism, cyber war, e-mail spams, etc.
6. Addiction: Using ICT is addictive. Obsessive users are available spending hrs online. This conduct can lead to stress along with other medical complications.